Narendra Modi thanks Advani for his ‘blessings’ after appointment as BJP poll panel chief
Zee Media Bureau
Panjim: Narendra Modi, Gujarat chief minister and the newly-anointed poll panel chief of the Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday sounded the bugle heralding the onset of preparations for the 2014 general elections.
Right after his investiture at the BJP meet in Goa, Modi took to Twitter to thank BJP’s doyen, LK Advani, who (as reports suggested) was against Modi’s ascent as party’s poll panel chief.
Modi tweeted, “Spoke to Advani ji on the phone. He gave me his blessings. Honoured and extremely grateful to receive his blessings. (sic).”
He also tweeted to mobilise his supporters to work towards a ‘Congress-free India’, and wrote, “Senior leaders have reposed faith in me. We will leave no stone unturned for Congress Mukt Bharat Nirman. Thanks for support & blessings. (sic)”
He is to address the media and BJP workers later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured