Narendra Modi thanks Advani for his ‘blessings’ after appointment as BJP poll panel chief
Zee Media Bureau
Panjim: Narendra Modi, Gujarat chief minister and the newly-anointed poll panel chief of the Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday sounded the bugle heralding the onset of preparations for the 2014 general elections.
Right after his investiture at the BJP meet in Goa, Modi took to Twitter to thank BJP’s doyen, LK Advani, who (as reports suggested) was against Modi’s ascent as party’s poll panel chief.
Modi tweeted, “Spoke to Advani ji on the phone. He gave me his blessings. Honoured and extremely grateful to receive his blessings. (sic).”
He also tweeted to mobilise his supporters to work towards a ‘Congress-free India’, and wrote, “Senior leaders have reposed faith in me. We will leave no stone unturned for Congress Mukt Bharat Nirman. Thanks for support & blessings. (sic)”
He is to address the media and BJP workers later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport