Narendra Modi thanks Advani for his ‘blessings’ after appointment as BJP poll panel chief
Zee Media Bureau
Panjim: Narendra Modi, Gujarat chief minister and the newly-anointed poll panel chief of the Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday sounded the bugle heralding the onset of preparations for the 2014 general elections.
Right after his investiture at the BJP meet in Goa, Modi took to Twitter to thank BJP’s doyen, LK Advani, who (as reports suggested) was against Modi’s ascent as party’s poll panel chief.
Modi tweeted, “Spoke to Advani ji on the phone. He gave me his blessings. Honoured and extremely grateful to receive his blessings. (sic).”
He also tweeted to mobilise his supporters to work towards a ‘Congress-free India’, and wrote, “Senior leaders have reposed faith in me. We will leave no stone unturned for Congress Mukt Bharat Nirman. Thanks for support & blessings. (sic)”
He is to address the media and BJP workers later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city