Narendra Modi to address a rally from ‘Red Fort’
Zee Media Bureau
Raipur: A replica of the famous Red Fort has been erected in Chhattisgarh from where Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will on Saturday address a rally.
The rally will be held at Ambikapur, some 250 kilometres from here, as part of Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh`s state-wide yatra ahead of the Assembly polls due later this year.
While many may dismiss the Red Fort replica as just another background, others point out its symbolism – the Prime Minister of India addresses the nation every August 15 from the ramparts of the Red Fort.
And that Modi wishes to become the PM is a public knowledge, even though he may have recently denied harbouring ‘PM dream’.
"We shouldn`t dream about becoming something but doing something. I have been given a mandate till 2017 by people of Gujarat and will continue to serve you," the Gujarat CM had said on the occasion of Teachers’ Day earlier this week.
Also, this August 15, Modi had taken on PM Manmohan Singh in his speech and slammed the latter in a point-by-point rebuttal.
The public showdown had laid bare Modi’s prime ministerial ambitions, though he was criticised for attacking the PM on Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video