Narendra Modi to address a rally from ‘Red Fort’
Zee Media Bureau
Raipur: A replica of the famous Red Fort has been erected in Chhattisgarh from where Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will on Saturday address a rally.
The rally will be held at Ambikapur, some 250 kilometres from here, as part of Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh`s state-wide yatra ahead of the Assembly polls due later this year.
While many may dismiss the Red Fort replica as just another background, others point out its symbolism – the Prime Minister of India addresses the nation every August 15 from the ramparts of the Red Fort.
And that Modi wishes to become the PM is a public knowledge, even though he may have recently denied harbouring ‘PM dream’.
"We shouldn`t dream about becoming something but doing something. I have been given a mandate till 2017 by people of Gujarat and will continue to serve you," the Gujarat CM had said on the occasion of Teachers’ Day earlier this week.
Also, this August 15, Modi had taken on PM Manmohan Singh in his speech and slammed the latter in a point-by-point rebuttal.
The public showdown had laid bare Modi’s prime ministerial ambitions, though he was criticised for attacking the PM on Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician