Narendra Modi to address CII?
New Delhi: After hosting Congress leader Rahul Gandhi early this month, CII on Sunday said the chamber is willing to invite Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for interaction.
"We have worked with Modi in the `Vibrant Gujarat` meet. CII was one of the sponsors. So, we will," CII President Kris Gopalakrishnan said when asked whether the industry body will invite the Gujarat Chief Minister who is seen as the Prime Ministerial candidate of the BJP.
"We (CII) will work with all parties and all leaders. We are looking to invite all prominent leaders," Gopalakrishnan said in an interview to a news agency.
Gandhi had addressed business leaders at CII`s annual general meeting on April 4. In his widely publicised speech, he spoke about a host of issues concerning the industry and the nation.
Within days of Gandhi`s address, Modi used the platform of another chamber FICCI in his bid to reach out to audiences nationwide and also took a dig at Gandhi.
The industry body, Gopalakrishnan said, has to engage with the political leadership and convey its requirement to them.
"We have to engage with the leaders. We have to convey our request and requirements to the political leadership. We have to give our suggestions. Similarly, we need to listen to them, they have their own priorities, they have their own agenda," he said.
"...This dialogue is very important across all parties and not just one party and we are hoping that we will have more interactions where we can interact on one-on-one basis and at public fora like we had," the newly elected President added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes