Narendra Modi to address Google Big Tent Activate Summit
Ahmedabad: Narendra Modi is the only Chief Minister from India to be invited to address the Google Big Tent Activate Summit 2013 on March 21 through Google+ hangout on the theme `Technology in Politics`.
Before delivering the address, Modi will be interacting with Eric Schmidt, Chairman of Google Inc. Through Google+ Hangout, a state government release said today.
Besides Schmidt, Alan Rusbridger, the Editor-in-Chief of British newspaper `The Guardian` and Stephanie Cutter, who served as the Deputy Director in US President Barrack Obama`s 2008 and 2012 campaigns, will also be participating in the summit.
"Modi is the only CM from India to be invited to speak at the summit which focuses on the influence of web in shaping India`s future, in areas of business and economics, politics and governance, culture and media, and education", according to the release.
Big Tent summits are hosted by Google and they bring together the finest minds, political leaders, thinkers to talk about a variety of issues, the release said.
Such summits have been held across the world including in New York City, London, Berlin, Madrid, Nairobi, Moscow and Seoul.
Tech-savvy Modi, who has been active on social media, has around 13 lakh followers on the Twitter.
Earlier, for the first time in August 2012, the Gujarat chief minister had interacted with the people via Google Hangout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened