Narendra Modi to address Indian Diaspora in US
Ahmedabad: After the `snub` from Wharton, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will on Saturday address the Indian Diaspora in the states of Edison, New Jersey, Chicago, Illinois, of USA through a video conference facility.
"Narendra Modi live speech, Edison, New Jersey, Chicago, Illinois on March 09, 2013 from 7-9 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST)," reads a scroll on the website of the Overseas Friends of the BJP USA.
"Narendrabhai will address the Indian diaspora LIVE from Karnavati (Ahmedabad)," the portal states.
Two venues, namely, TV Asia Auditorium, 76 National Road, Edison, New Jersey, as well as Holiday Inn, 3405 Algonquin Road, Rolling Meadows, Illinois 60008, have been listed on the website of the Overseas Friends of the BJP USA.
On Sunday, the US Wharton School of Business had cancelled the Gujarat CM`s keynote address slated for later this month, after an uproar from a section of university professors and students, triggering reactions in India.
It led to the Gujarat-based Adani Group chairman Gautam Adani, the platinum sponsor of the Wharton Business School hosted Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF) event, withdrawing its event sponsorship and opting out of the event.
The Adani Group is perceived to enjoy a close proximity to the Gujarat chief minister.
As mark a of protest against cancelling Modi`s key note address, Shiv Sena leader Suresh Prabhu also cancelled his visit to Wharton, saying it was not only an insult to the Gujarat Chief Minister, but also to the entire nation.
Modi has addressed the Indian Diaspora in the US through by video conference several times.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!