Narendra Modi to address party spokespersons at BJP conclave
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and other top central leaders of BJP will address a conclave of the party`s spokespersons, panelists and media cell office-bearers here on Saturday and guide them on how to handle the propaganda ahead of next Lok Sabha elections.
Modi, who is the BJP Election Campaign Committee Chairperson, will speak at the closed-door session tomorrow on the use of social media and modern technology to reach out to the young and first time voters.
He has maintained in earlier interactions with the party leadership that this section of voters is desperate for change. The number of people below the age of 35 is estimated to be around 65 per cent of the total population.
Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley will inaugurate the conclave while BJP President Rajnath Singh will give the valedictory address.
BJP is also holding a one-day conclave on August 18 for its state unit presidents and office-bearers here. Modi and top central leaders will be addressing this gathering. The party is likely to get a feedback on the progress made in formation of various teams from booth-level committees and above.
The issue of reaching out to prospective voters will also be discussed with the state unit chiefs and general secretaries.
BJP has launched a website to invite suggestions for its "charge sheet" against the "decade of malgovernance" of the Congress-led UPA. Party workers, supporters and the masses have been asked to give a feedback.
The party is also working on reaching out to voters through the conventional routes of holding public rallies and door-to-door campaigns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch