Narendra Modi to be inducted into BJP’s parliamentary board on Sunday?
New Delhi: In a further boost to Narendra Modi`s Delhi dreams, the Gujarat Chief Minister is likely to be re-inducted on Sunday into the party`s parliamentary board after six years, reports said.
Reports also suggest that former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah could be made the General Secretary of the party.
Shah had to quit as Gujarat Home Minister after the CBI accused him of being part of the conspiracy to kill Sohrabuddin Sheikh in a fake encounter.
Notably, the parliamentary board is the highest decision making body of the BJP and Modi’s elevation is being viewed as a step to bring him to the forefront keeping in view the upcoming 2014 General Elections.
However, the final list of the party parliamentary board members may be decided by the senior members of the Bharatiya Janata Party by late Saturday evening.
Party sources said that Modi would be the sole addition to the parliamentary board from among the party’s other chief ministers.
Meanwhile, the return of Amit Shah in the Parliamentary Board has reportedly split the party with a faction opposing it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview