Narendra Modi to be inducted into BJP’s parliamentary board on Sunday?
New Delhi: In a further boost to Narendra Modi`s Delhi dreams, the Gujarat Chief Minister is likely to be re-inducted on Sunday into the party`s parliamentary board after six years, reports said.
Reports also suggest that former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah could be made the General Secretary of the party.
Shah had to quit as Gujarat Home Minister after the CBI accused him of being part of the conspiracy to kill Sohrabuddin Sheikh in a fake encounter.
Notably, the parliamentary board is the highest decision making body of the BJP and Modi’s elevation is being viewed as a step to bring him to the forefront keeping in view the upcoming 2014 General Elections.
However, the final list of the party parliamentary board members may be decided by the senior members of the Bharatiya Janata Party by late Saturday evening.
Party sources said that Modi would be the sole addition to the parliamentary board from among the party’s other chief ministers.
Meanwhile, the return of Amit Shah in the Parliamentary Board has reportedly split the party with a faction opposing it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata