Narendra Modi to be made BJP`s PM candidate by July-end?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A report claimed on Tuesday that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will formally be anointed as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate by the end of this month.
The announcement, if made, will put to rest all speculation about Modi`s future role. Ever since being elevated as party`s 2014 poll campaign panel chief last month, speculation was rife that Modi would be named the BJP`s PM candidate.
The development would pit Modi against Rahul Gandhi in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, though it is still not clear in what capacity the Congress scion would fight the polls.
A BJP source said the party`s parliamentary board will take a decision on Modi by July end. The source added Modi already has the backing of the RSS.
Modi`s elevation was opposed by BJP veteran LK Advani but party leaders say all is now well.
Not just party workers, but many senior party leaders also believe Modi is capable of swaying voters in favour of the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what