Narendra Modi to be made BJP`s PM candidate by July-end?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A report claimed on Tuesday that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will formally be anointed as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate by the end of this month.
The announcement, if made, will put to rest all speculation about Modi`s future role. Ever since being elevated as party`s 2014 poll campaign panel chief last month, speculation was rife that Modi would be named the BJP`s PM candidate.
The development would pit Modi against Rahul Gandhi in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, though it is still not clear in what capacity the Congress scion would fight the polls.
A BJP source said the party`s parliamentary board will take a decision on Modi by July end. The source added Modi already has the backing of the RSS.
Modi`s elevation was opposed by BJP veteran LK Advani but party leaders say all is now well.
Not just party workers, but many senior party leaders also believe Modi is capable of swaying voters in favour of the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH