Narendra Modi to campaign across the country: Rajnath
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will campaign throughout the country, including Karnataka where assembly polls will be held next month, BJP President Rajnath Singh said here on Tuesday.
"He will campaign at all places. He will campaign in the whole country," Singh told reporters in reply to a question whether Modi will campaign in Karnataka.
BJP seeks to retain power in the state where the party is buffeted by internal differences after BS Yeddyurappa resigned from the Chief Minister`s post following corruption allegations.
On whether Modi`s name has also been proposed as the Prime Ministerial candidate from BJP, Singh said "I am the party President."
Denying that BJP will snap ties with JD(U) which has reservations against Modi, Singh said the two parties will sit together to discuss the issue.
"No. Whatever happens and whenever it happens, we will sit together," he said when asked whether BJP is planning to snap ties with JD(U) after Karnataka elections.
Reacting on the serial bomb blast in Boston in the US, Singh said the "US should make a joint forum of the countries which are affected of terrorism to fight terrorism."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year