Narendra Modi to campaign across the country: Rajnath
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will campaign throughout the country, including Karnataka where assembly polls will be held next month, BJP President Rajnath Singh said here on Tuesday.
"He will campaign at all places. He will campaign in the whole country," Singh told reporters in reply to a question whether Modi will campaign in Karnataka.
BJP seeks to retain power in the state where the party is buffeted by internal differences after BS Yeddyurappa resigned from the Chief Minister`s post following corruption allegations.
On whether Modi`s name has also been proposed as the Prime Ministerial candidate from BJP, Singh said "I am the party President."
Denying that BJP will snap ties with JD(U) which has reservations against Modi, Singh said the two parties will sit together to discuss the issue.
"No. Whatever happens and whenever it happens, we will sit together," he said when asked whether BJP is planning to snap ties with JD(U) after Karnataka elections.
Reacting on the serial bomb blast in Boston in the US, Singh said the "US should make a joint forum of the countries which are affected of terrorism to fight terrorism."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?