Narendra Modi to campaign across the country: Rajnath
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will campaign throughout the country, including Karnataka where assembly polls will be held next month, BJP President Rajnath Singh said here on Tuesday.
"He will campaign at all places. He will campaign in the whole country," Singh told reporters in reply to a question whether Modi will campaign in Karnataka.
BJP seeks to retain power in the state where the party is buffeted by internal differences after BS Yeddyurappa resigned from the Chief Minister`s post following corruption allegations.
On whether Modi`s name has also been proposed as the Prime Ministerial candidate from BJP, Singh said "I am the party President."
Denying that BJP will snap ties with JD(U) which has reservations against Modi, Singh said the two parties will sit together to discuss the issue.
"No. Whatever happens and whenever it happens, we will sit together," he said when asked whether BJP is planning to snap ties with JD(U) after Karnataka elections.
Reacting on the serial bomb blast in Boston in the US, Singh said the "US should make a joint forum of the countries which are affected of terrorism to fight terrorism."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies