Narendra Modi to campaign across the country: Rajnath
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will campaign throughout the country, including Karnataka where assembly polls will be held next month, BJP President Rajnath Singh said here on Tuesday.
"He will campaign at all places. He will campaign in the whole country," Singh told reporters in reply to a question whether Modi will campaign in Karnataka.
BJP seeks to retain power in the state where the party is buffeted by internal differences after BS Yeddyurappa resigned from the Chief Minister`s post following corruption allegations.
On whether Modi`s name has also been proposed as the Prime Ministerial candidate from BJP, Singh said "I am the party President."
Denying that BJP will snap ties with JD(U) which has reservations against Modi, Singh said the two parties will sit together to discuss the issue.
"No. Whatever happens and whenever it happens, we will sit together," he said when asked whether BJP is planning to snap ties with JD(U) after Karnataka elections.
Reacting on the serial bomb blast in Boston in the US, Singh said the "US should make a joint forum of the countries which are affected of terrorism to fight terrorism."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16