Narendra Modi to choose Sushma for Defence, Jaitley for MEA and Harsh Vardhan for Health?
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: While speculations are doing the rounds about the Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi`s Cabinet, sources close to the BJP revealed that the party`s senior leaders Subramanian Swamy and Sushma Swaraj may get Finance and Defence ministries, respectively.
According to the sources, BJP president Rajnath Singh is likely to replace outgoing Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde while the party veteran LK Advani may be appointed as the NDA convenor. Moreover, Murli Manohar Joshi may become Speaker of the Lower House.
“The party may announce Arun Jaitley`s name for Ministry of External Affairs and Venkaiah Naidu`s for Railways. Besides this, Chandni Chowk MP Dr Harsh Vardhan is being considered for the post of Health Minister,” said a BJP leader on the condition of anonymity.
The BJP`s ally Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ramvilas Paswan may head Petroleum and Ravi Shankar Prasad could be given Law Ministry.
Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari is likely to get Urban Development and Rural Development may go to Anant Gite. Moreover, the party`s Muslim faces Shahnawaz Hussain and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi may get Aviation and Minority Affairs.
As speculated, Modi`s Cabinet will also have women MPs including Meenakshi Lekhi, Anupriya Patel and Sumitra Mahajan for Cultural, Women & Child Welfare and Parliamentary Affairs, respectively.
Modi`s swearing-in ceremony is scheduled to be held on May 26. Many foreign delegates including Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajpaksa, Bangladesh Parliament Speaker Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury, Nepal Prime Minister Sushil Koirala, Maldives President Abdulla Yameen and Mauritius PM Navinchandra Ramgoolam have been invited to be a part of the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state