Narendra Modi to contest General Elections from his bastion Gujarat: Report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BJP`s prime ministerial aspirant Narendra Modi will fight from his bastion Gujarat instead of Uttar Pradesh as was being speculated earlier, reports suggest on Tuesday.
Analysts had expected that after BJP`s gamble of anointing Modi first as its election campaigning chief and then the PM candidate could resurrect the party`s fortunes in Uttar Pradesh, which had given an indication that Modi may fight this state.
The elevation of Modi followed the appointment of his close confidant Amit Shah as incharge of the state affairs giving a clear signal that the party plans to capitalise on his hardline image to regain lost ground and repeat the success of 1996 and 1998 to catapult it to power at the centre.
According to BJP sources, Modi will contest the upcoming General Elections from a constituency in Gujarat.
Earlier, it was presumed that Modi may contest from Kanpur, Lucknow or Varanasi but now sources confirm that he will be contesting from his native state.
But for UP, BJP needs someone like Modi who can galvanise the voter and act as a catalyst as the party requires a name here.
Keeping an eye on the Lok Sabha polls, the BJP leadership is treating UP as a make or break point for the party and therefore a more active Modi can be seen in the state after he addressed a mass rally here on November 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price