Narendra Modi to contest Lok Sabha polls from Bihar?
Patna: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is likely to contest the Lok Sabha election from Nalanda, the home district of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, a BJP leader said Sunday.
"There is a possibility that Modi would contest the Lok Sabha election from Nalanda," Bharatiya Janata Party vice president CP Thakur told the media here.
A former central minister, Thakur said party leaders from Bihar had requested Modi to be the Nalanda candidate and they were "hopeful" that he will agree.
He said the state BJP had launched a campaign against Nitish Kumar from his home turf Nalanda, about 100 km from here.
The ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U), which has ended its alliance with the BJP, said Modi was welcome to contest from Bihar but asked if this meant that he he was not sure of winning from Gujarat.
JD(U) spokesperson Neeraj Kumar said the BJP was free to put up any candidate including Modi from Nalanda. "The JD-U is not afraid of any BJP candidate, be it Modi or anyone else," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away