Narendra Modi to contest Lok Sabha polls from Bihar?
Patna: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is likely to contest the Lok Sabha election from Nalanda, the home district of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, a BJP leader said Sunday.
"There is a possibility that Modi would contest the Lok Sabha election from Nalanda," Bharatiya Janata Party vice president CP Thakur told the media here.
A former central minister, Thakur said party leaders from Bihar had requested Modi to be the Nalanda candidate and they were "hopeful" that he will agree.
He said the state BJP had launched a campaign against Nitish Kumar from his home turf Nalanda, about 100 km from here.
The ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U), which has ended its alliance with the BJP, said Modi was welcome to contest from Bihar but asked if this meant that he he was not sure of winning from Gujarat.
JD(U) spokesperson Neeraj Kumar said the BJP was free to put up any candidate including Modi from Nalanda. "The JD-U is not afraid of any BJP candidate, be it Modi or anyone else," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand