Narendra Modi to get Canadian, US visa soon
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is likely to get a Canadian visa followed shortly by the much denied and coveted US visa, diplomatic sources at the highest level revealed to Zee News.
This comes in the wake of a billion dollar partnership which Gujarat, growing at the rate of 12 percent, has struck with US companies.
When contacted by Zee News, an official spokesman of the CM`s office said, ``At this moment we have nothing to say on the matter.”
Overseas Indians and several business groups in the USA and Canada have been lobbying with the US State Department that it makes no sense to deny visa to Narendra Modi.
It seems that their efforts have borne fruit. Another group, The Overseas Friends of the BJP, have also been making efforts to secure the visa for Modi.
Modi’s office, however, did not offer any comments when asked about the CM`s travel plans.
The Congress party has been using the denial of the US visa for a long time as a stick to beat Modi with.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir