Narendra Modi to kick-off BJP`s poll campaign from Jaipur
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Jaipur: BJP`s election campaign committee chief and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is expected to kick-start party`s campaign for the upcoming Assembly elections by addressing a huge rally in Rajasthan on Tuesday.
According to reports, BJP national president Rajnath Singh and Modi will address a rally at `Amroodon-ka-bagh` ground in Jaipur, where a mammoth turnout is expected.
The rally will coincide with the concluding day of state BJP president Vasundhara Raje`s `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`, which she undertook across Rajasthan since April.
Around four lakh party workers from booth level to district party functionaries, MLAs, MPs and senior party leaders are expected to attend the rally.
Raje`s Suraj Sankalp Yatra has travelled about 14,500 km, covering 181 out of 200 Assembly constituencies, party sources said.
Dress code for Muslims
Despite the hype surrounding the Jaipur rally it has already got mired in controversy as the party`s minority cell has issued a diktat asking Muslims to follow a particular dress code for the rally.
As per reports, BJP`s minority cell has asked people from the Muslim community to come dressed in specific attire. Men have been asked to wear `sherwanis and topis` and females have been asked to wear `burqas`. Whether this is Modi`s attempt to reach out to the Muslim community is anyone`s guess.
However, BJP leaders refuted that the party was trying to entice the minority community. Party spokesperson Nirmala Sitaraman said, "People from all sections of the society are invited to come and therefore, there is nothing specific to be said about any one particular community."
State BJP leaders also claimed that it was the party`s minority cell which had issued directions and they have the right to do so. The minority cell has the right to make a call own its own, said party leader Bhavani Singh Rajawat .
However, the Congress has latched on the issue claiming that it shows the party`s duplicity in its conduct with the minority community.
Although the party claims that it does not differentiate amongst different sections of the society, it appears to be party`s latest attempt to woo the community.
In Rajasthan, party`s tallest face Vasundhara is pitted against incumbent Congress Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. BJP, it seems, is focusing on the upcoming Assembly election here which is likely to be a closely fought contest. Interestingly, considering the scale of today`s rally, the invitation sent out to lakhs of people by Vasundhara Raje does not even mention Narendra Modi`s name.
Undoubtedly, the rally is going to be a show of strength by Vasundhara Raje in Jaipur. Even the hoardings on display have mostly Vasundhara Raje`s name in them with only some of them also showing Modi, Rajnath, Advani, Vajpayee. BJP patriarch LK Advani has not even been invited for the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves