Narendra Modi to meet BJP general secretaries on Saturday
New Delhi: Within a week of his taking charge, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Saturday meet BJP general secretaries at his residence in a bid to touch base with the party and discuss the organisational affairs.
According to sources, the reason behind Prime Minister`s meeting with the party general secretaries is an attempt to ensure that organisational strength is not weakened in the wake of massive mandate the party received in the recent Lok Sabha elections.
Senior BJP leaders said the aim is to keep the party vibrant and not to let the guard down after the party`s emphatic victory.
Confirming the meeting tomorrow morning, a senior party leader said no agenda for the meeting has been conveyed to them.
Modi is likely to convey to the party general secretaries to continue to act like a bridge between the government and the common people by continuing to touch base with them.
At least three general secretaries - Ananth Kumar, Thawarchand Gehlot and Dharmendra Pradhan are now part of the government as they have become Ministers.
Modi is holding the meeting as party chief Rajnath Singh has also taken over as Home Minister and discussions for finding a new president are underway.
Sources said the party will see a major revamp in the coming days, as its president Rajnath Singh, three vice presidents Jual Ornam, Uma Bharti and Smriti Irani and three general secretaries Ananth Kumar, Thawarchand Gehlot and Dhanrmendra Pradhan have joined the government.
Besides, party treasurer Piyush Goel and two spokespersons Prakash Javadekar and Nirmala Sitharaman have joined the government.
Shah, along with general secretary JP Nadda and BJP`s Gujarat unit in-charge Om Prakash Mathur, are in the race for the party president`s post, it is learnt.
BJP will also see new faces in the party as it does not want to weaken the organisation ahead of crucial Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana later this year and Jammu and Kashmir and Jharkhand early next year.
BJP`s ideological fountainhead, the RSS, also wants that the organisation should remain vibrant and strong unlike in 1999 when the party had become debilitated as all bigwigs went into the government and the party lost touch with the grassroots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow