Narendra Modi trying to mislead people: Tewari
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Wednesday questioned Gujarat Chief minister Narendra Modi for not making any reference to 2002 riots in the state and alleged his speech here was aimed at generally trying to "mislead" the people.
"Well, the Chief minister of Gujarat made a reference to a cliche called P2 and G2 when he was referring to Gujarat model of development. P2 essentially stands for platitudes personified - patting oneself on the back when one has no achievements to account for," Tewari told reporters here.
"G 2 would mean Geo global. I am surprised the Chief Minister of Gujarat in his entire speech made no reference of Gujarat pogrom which continues to be a blot and stain on the fair name of the state," he said.
Tewari said the Gujarat Chief Minister had not said anything to "atone" for the incidents which had happened during his tenure.
Tewari said Modi had forgotten to mention that even in terms of Human Development Indices, there were other states which were ahead of Gujarat.
He said there was a need to find out how many of MoUs, that were signed at the Vibrant Gujarat summit, actually translated into reality and how many people got gainful got gainful employment.
"Except for blowing hot air and generally trying to mislead the people, which unfortunately has been his USP, the speech in its essence really accounts for nothing," Tewari said.
Tewari said the development of Gujarat had happened not for the people but for a few industrialists. "The development story what he is trying to tell is completely away from facts," he added.
Tewari also took on Modi in a tweet on social networking site Twitter.
"CM Gujarat defined development model as P-2& G-2 P-2 Platitudes Personified G-2 Geo Global No mention of 2002 pogrom failed human development," he posted.
In a speech delivered at the Sri Ram College of Commerce here, the Gujarat Chief Minister had said the nation can progress by following Gujarat`s model based on P2G2 (Pro-people good governance) principles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi