Narendra Modi trying to mislead people: Tewari
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Wednesday questioned Gujarat Chief minister Narendra Modi for not making any reference to 2002 riots in the state and alleged his speech here was aimed at generally trying to "mislead" the people.
"Well, the Chief minister of Gujarat made a reference to a cliche called P2 and G2 when he was referring to Gujarat model of development. P2 essentially stands for platitudes personified - patting oneself on the back when one has no achievements to account for," Tewari told reporters here.
"G 2 would mean Geo global. I am surprised the Chief Minister of Gujarat in his entire speech made no reference of Gujarat pogrom which continues to be a blot and stain on the fair name of the state," he said.
Tewari said the Gujarat Chief Minister had not said anything to "atone" for the incidents which had happened during his tenure.
Tewari said Modi had forgotten to mention that even in terms of Human Development Indices, there were other states which were ahead of Gujarat.
He said there was a need to find out how many of MoUs, that were signed at the Vibrant Gujarat summit, actually translated into reality and how many people got gainful got gainful employment.
"Except for blowing hot air and generally trying to mislead the people, which unfortunately has been his USP, the speech in its essence really accounts for nothing," Tewari said.
Tewari said the development of Gujarat had happened not for the people but for a few industrialists. "The development story what he is trying to tell is completely away from facts," he added.
Tewari also took on Modi in a tweet on social networking site Twitter.
"CM Gujarat defined development model as P-2& G-2 P-2 Platitudes Personified G-2 Geo Global No mention of 2002 pogrom failed human development," he posted.
In a speech delivered at the Sri Ram College of Commerce here, the Gujarat Chief Minister had said the nation can progress by following Gujarat`s model based on P2G2 (Pro-people good governance) principles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report