Narendra Modi way ahead in PM race: Opinion Poll
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Polls after polls are predicting victory for the BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The latest opinion poll conducted by a Hindi news channel and survey firm Nielsen has projected the BJP to win 210 seats in the General Elections due in May.
The ruling Congress would be reduced to a mere 81 seats, the survey predicts.
The latest entrant in the Indian political scene, the Aam Aadmi Party is projected to get 11 seats while others are predicted to secure 241 Lok Sabha seats.
The BJP, the poll says, would make big gains in north and west India. Here, the party may win as many as 81 seats each, with eastern and southern parts of the country likely to contribute 43 and 19 seats respectively.
A survey found out that there was strong anti-incumbency against the Congress-led UPA government with 61 per cent of those polled saying they intend to vote against the ruling coalition that has been in power for nearly 10 years.
Regarding the PM choice, BJP`s Modi is leading the race.
Of those surveyed, 53 per cent want to see Modi as the next PM as against only 15 per cent people favouring Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
Shockingly, Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, whose AAP stunned everyone with its performance in the Delhi Assembly Elections, found favours with only five per cent of those polled.
The survey was conducted between December 28 and January 12 with 64,006 respondents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video