Narendra Modi welcome to apply for visa and wait for review: US
Washington: Asserting that there has been no change in its visa policy, the US on Tuesday said Narendra Modi who has been named BJP`s prime ministerial candidate is welcome to apply for a visa and wait for a review.
"No change in our longstanding visa policy. He`s welcome to apply for a visa and await a review like any other applicant," State Department Deputy Spokesperson Marie Harf told reporters at her daily news conference.
"Visa applications are confidential, or at least the details of them. I can check on that, but not to my knowledge," Harf said when specifically asked if Modi has applied for a US visa.
In 2005, Modi was denied a diplomatic visa and his existing tourist and business visa was revoked under the Immigration and Nationality Act, which makes a foreign government official responsible for severe violations of religious freedom ineligible for a travel document.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!