Narendra Modi will be our PM candidate for 2014 polls: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Friday declared Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP`s PM candidate for the upcoming 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Rajnath Singh further said, "I am confident that there will be a BJP govt in the Centre next year. Leaders of all NDA allies have also supported Modi`s candidature."
Singh announced Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate after a meeting of the party`s Parliamentary Board today, even as LK Advani continue to show his reservations over the issue.
Party president Rajnath Singh had spent the past two days in hectic parleys trying to bring around the dissenters led by Advani and including the party`s head in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...