Narendra Modi will be our PM candidate for 2014 polls: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Friday declared Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP`s PM candidate for the upcoming 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Rajnath Singh further said, "I am confident that there will be a BJP govt in the Centre next year. Leaders of all NDA allies have also supported Modi`s candidature."
Singh announced Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate after a meeting of the party`s Parliamentary Board today, even as LK Advani continue to show his reservations over the issue.
Party president Rajnath Singh had spent the past two days in hectic parleys trying to bring around the dissenters led by Advani and including the party`s head in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore