Narendra Modi will not be able to wash his sins in Varanasi: Lalu Prasad
Patna: Continuing his tirade against Narendra Modi, RJD President Lalu Prasad on Friday called him a `sinner` and said he will not be able to "wash his sins" at Varanasi.
"Modi has committed so many sins in Gujarat. He has come to the holy city of Varanasi to wash away his sins... But this is not going to happen," Prasad told reporters.
"He will never be forgiven. The heinous crimes committed by him can never be done away with," he said when asked about his reaction on BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate`s entry into the poll fray from the holy city of Varanasi in Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
The RJD President was speaking to mediapersons after JD(U) leaders Ejaz Ali, Mohammad Kais Anwar and others joined his party.
Buoyant over the induction of muslim leaders into his party, Prasad said people of Bihar were uniting against Modi.
This is turning into a public movement to defeat communal forces and save the nation, he added.
Prasad also pooh-poohed the allegations that he had been distributing money at his election rallies to gather support and blamed it on other political parties who are afraid of him.
"This is completely false. They should show where and when I was distributing money. They are afraid of me. Unki hawa nikal gayi hai" (They have lost ground) and that`s why they are ranting," he said.
The RJD chief, who is the sole star campaigner for his party, on Friday addressed three rallies in Supaul, Darbhanga and Madhepura districts.
Yadav also dubbed BJP veteran L K Advani as "Pakistani refugee" and said because of the pang of partition he harboured hatred towards Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof