Narendra Modi won`t be PM: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Sunday said he would do everything to stop Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi from becoming the country`s prime minister.
"For as long as blood runs in my veins, I will not allow Modi to become prime minister," Lalu Prasad told the media here.
The former Bihar chief minister vowed to mobilise secular forces and other like-minded parties to form a secular government after the 2014 Lok Sabha Election.
"How can a politician who has created hatred between two communities and is responsible for killing hundreds in Gujarat in 2002 become the prime minister of a secular country like India?" he asked.
Lalu Prasad insisted that Modi`s dream of becoming prime minister would never come true as he did not enjoy wide support across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India