Narendra Modi won`t be PM: Lalu Prasad Yadav
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Sunday said he would do everything to stop Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi from becoming the country`s prime minister.
"For as long as blood runs in my veins, I will not allow Modi to become prime minister," Lalu Prasad told the media here.
The former Bihar chief minister vowed to mobilise secular forces and other like-minded parties to form a secular government after the 2014 Lok Sabha Election.
"How can a politician who has created hatred between two communities and is responsible for killing hundreds in Gujarat in 2002 become the prime minister of a secular country like India?" he asked.
Lalu Prasad insisted that Modi`s dream of becoming prime minister would never come true as he did not enjoy wide support across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'