Narendra Modi’s allegations on Sonia’s foreign trips baseless: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari on Saturday refuted the allegation made by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi with regard to government money being spent on Sonia Gandhi`s foreign trips.
Addressing reporters here Tewari said, “Allegations made by Narendra Modi that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is misleading the country on the issue of Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s foreign trips are completely baseless.”
Modi had earlier said, "The Prime Minister is misguiding the country. I ask the Prime Minister as a common man to come clean. The RTI reply received from various Indian embassies abroad says lakhs of rupees were spent on Soniaji`s foreign trips."
Modi`s fresh allegations came on a day when the Prime Minister`s Office issued a statement, saying government had not spent money on overseas visits of the UPA chairperson or on her medical treatment and rubbished Modi`s earlier claim that government had spent Rs 1,880 crore on her trips.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video