Narendra Modi’s allegations on Sonia’s foreign trips baseless: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari on Saturday refuted the allegation made by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi with regard to government money being spent on Sonia Gandhi`s foreign trips.
Addressing reporters here Tewari said, “Allegations made by Narendra Modi that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is misleading the country on the issue of Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s foreign trips are completely baseless.”
Modi had earlier said, "The Prime Minister is misguiding the country. I ask the Prime Minister as a common man to come clean. The RTI reply received from various Indian embassies abroad says lakhs of rupees were spent on Soniaji`s foreign trips."
Modi`s fresh allegations came on a day when the Prime Minister`s Office issued a statement, saying government had not spent money on overseas visits of the UPA chairperson or on her medical treatment and rubbished Modi`s earlier claim that government had spent Rs 1,880 crore on her trips.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'