Narendra Modi`s elevation not my concern: Rahul Gandhi
Budgam: In his first comments on developments in BJP, Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said he was neither concerned about the elevation of Narendra Modi nor was he going to invite its ally JD(U) to UPA fold.
"It (elevation of Modi) is their (BJP`s) internal matter. It is really not my concern. My concern is how the Congress party is doing and how we are doing in different states. What are the different types of action we are taking to benefit the people," he told reporters when he was asked about the elevation of the Gujarat Chief Minister as the Lok Sabha Election campaign head by BJP.
To a question whether Congress would invite JD(U), which appeared to be splitting with BJP, the Congress vice president said he does not take decisions on inviting parties to join the ruling UPA at the Centre.
"These are internal matters of the Congress party. Frankly, these decisions are not made by me. These decisions are made by senior leaders of the Congress party. So it is not for me to give invitations to anyone," Gandhi said.
His comments came on a day when the Congress party said in Delhi that JD(U) is a like-minded party and can be trusted on secularism. Congress spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das also said that coming together of like-minded parties can happen in future.
Yesterday, Congress had distanced itself from the remarks of Union Minister Jairam Ramesh, saying Modi was not a challenge to the Congress but to BJP and NDA.
Asked about the possibility of his being nominated as the prime ministerial candidate, Gandhi said, "That you have to ask the Congress party. I have my job cut out for me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt