Narendra Modi’s first Delhi move – interaction with youth
New Delhi: Amidst the growing Modi-for-PM chorus, the Gujarat Chief Minister is all set to woo the youth in the national capital territory on February 06.
According to a report in a daily, Narendra Modi, who is expected to play a big role ahead of the 2014 General Elections, will interact with students of the Shri Ram College of Commerce this week.
Besides delivering an oration in memory of its founder, the Gujarat CM will also face a question-and-answer session on administrative issues, said the daily. The interaction has reportedly been organised by BJP leaders to gauge the popularity of Modi among the youth.
There are reports that VHP and some Hindu religious groups close to the Sangh Parivar may discuss Modi`s candidature at a conclave at the Kumbh Mela in Allahabad on February 05-06. The Gujarat CM is likely to attend the sadus in Allahabad too. BJP president Rajnath Singh`s proposed visit to the Kumbh Mela on February 06 has added grist to the rumour mills.
Notably, after a meeting with top RSS and BJP leaders last week, VHP leader Ashok Singhal on Sunday had openly said Modi should be declared the PM candidate by the party.
"If people themselves are demanding that Modi should be made the PM candidate then BJP will also have to think about it. Such a thing is happening for the first time. After all, the BJP president himself has said that Modi at present is their most popular leader," Singhal said.
While BJP sources denied reports that the party may announce Modi as PM candidate very soon, rumours have led ally JD(U) to react strongly to it.
"Who will be the Prime Ministerial candidate or under whose leadership will a political party contest is decided by political parties. I can`t understand how such a decision is being taken by the sadhus and religious Akharas. Where are we taking our politics to? If religious leaders will decide this then it shows complete bankruptcy," JD(U) spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy