Narendra Modi’s grand rally in Delhi, preparations on in full-swing
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The stage has been set for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s first rally in the national capital after being anointed as the Bharatiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate.
Modi will make a grand entrance by flying directly with the chopper at the rally’s venue in Japanese Park in Rohini to address lakhs of people.
The party is expected to announce the name of candidates in the upcoming Delhi Assembly elections. Other issues like corruption, price rise and security will also be focus of the rally
However, speculations are rife that BJP president Rajnath Singh, senior leaders LK Advani and Sushma Swaraj are likely to skip the rally.
With around five lakh people expected to attend the rally, preparations are in full swing by the party workers.
Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel, who is overseeing preparations for the rally at Japanese Park in Rohini, claimed the party was working on a "high-decibel 360 degree publicity campaign" to ensure maximum impact of the rally.
Diplomats from 40 different nations are likely to participate in the event. Sportspersons, ex-service men, former senior bureaucrats have also been invited.
Around 20 LED screens, CCTV cameras and and a 100-feet long cut out of Narendra Modi have been readied for his rally. Around 100 LED screens will also be put up in market areas and across the city for the people who are unable to attend the rally.
Parking space for around 5,000 buses and cars are also being made.
With over 50,000 people expected to travel through metro, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will run additional trains, feeder buses and will increase the frequency of the metros running between the stations also.
Meanwhile, on the eve of Narendra Modi`s rally, mosquito breeding at some places created a dengue scare prompting authorities to launch an extensive drive to tackle the menace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read