Narendra Modi`s letter on Sir Creek can be taken to EC: Khurshid
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Thursday questioned the timing of Narendra Modi`s letter on Sir Creek issue saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has raised the matter at the time of elections, and indicated the government could take it up with the Election Commission.
"When we take some good decisions (increasing cap on LPG cylinder from six to nine) we are told you can`t take these decisions. But someone writes a letter that is related to international relations during the elections, it`s really for us to consider through appropriate organisation including Election Commission as what are the permissible limit of the issue that can be raised," he told reporters on the sidelines of CII-MEA energy seminar here.
Taking a dig at Modi, he said, the Prime Minister has written back to him. "I think he finds time to read that letter while he is busy campaigning," Khurshid said.
The Prime Minister`s Office had yesterday rubbished Modi`s claim that Sir Creek was being "handed over" to Pakistan. The PMO had said the baseless charges were "mischievous" and motives questionable as these came on the eve of Gujarat polls.
Modi, in his letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, had said Sir Creek issue should "not be handed over to Pakistan" and talks on this issue should be stopped.
A strip of water body, Sir Creek located in Gujarat is a point of dispute between New Delhi and Islamabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon