Narendra Modi`s security stepped up after Chennai blasts
Hyderabad: Security was stepped up for BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi ahead of his rallies in Seemandhra on Thursday in the wake of twin bomb blasts in a train in Chennai this morning.
"Modi is on the hitlist of terrorists...And in view of the blasts in Chennai today, additional security was provided to him during his visit to the state later in the day.
"Security was also tightened in the areas, where he addressed rallies (in Seemandhra). Certain areas were cordoned off," a senior police official said.
On the request of Modi`s security detail, additional personnel were provided to him, he said.
The BJP leader addressed five election rallies - at Madanapalle (Chitoor district), Nellore, Guntur, Bhimavaram (West Godavari district) and Visakhapatnam. He left for Gandhinagar late in the evening.
Voting will be held in Seemandhra region of Andhra Pradesh on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation