Narnaul coldest at 6 C as minimum temperatures drop
Chandigarh: The minimum temperature on Monday dropped by up to three degrees at many places in Punjab and Haryana with Narnaul braving the chill at 6 degrees Celsius.
While Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place recording three degrees below normal minimum, Amritsar in Punjab registered a low of 6.4 deg C, down one notch, the MeT said.
Chandigarh, which was lashed by rains during the past three days, had a clear sky today. The minimum temperature here settled at 9.5 deg C.
Hisar in Haryana recorded a low of 8.6 deg C, while Bhiwani and Ambala recorded respective minimums of 9 deg C and 9.9 deg C.
Patiala registered a low of 9.8 deg C, while Ludhiana recorded a minimum of 10.6 deg C.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility at many places in the region including Amritsar, Bhiwani, Narnaul and Hisar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!