Nashik MPA attack conspirator Bilal trained in Pak
Nashik: Suspected LeT operative Bilal Shaikh alias Lalbaba, facing trial for hatching a conspiracy to attack city-based Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA), underwent a special training in Pakistan before 2010, Anti Terrorism Sqaud(ATS) has said.
Bilal was trained in advanced combat course (Daura-e-Khas) at a camp in Muzaffarabad in Pakistan to launch terror attacks in India, Pune ATS Police Inspector Sukhlal Varpe told Additional Sessions Court Judge K K Tantrapale.
Bilal and Himayat Beig who is an accused in Pune`s German Bakery bomb blast case of 2010, were chargesheeted by ATS for planning to attack MPA, located on Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Road, in 2010.
26/11 handler Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal is also a suspect in the case.
"Varpe told the court yesterday that Bilal confessed to having been trained in Pakistan. His (Varpe`s) incomplete statement will be recorded today," special public prosecutor Ajay Misar told reporters.
Bilal Shaikh and Himayat Baig had undertaken a recce of the Maharashtra Police Academy and Devlali Cantonment area in 2010, the ATS said in its charge sheet.
Bilal was arrested by the ATS in 2010 from Nashik`s Satpur locality and 700 gms RDX, four detonators, a pen drive and a memory card were recovered from him. Baig was also arrested in 2010 for his alleged involvement in Pune`s German Bakery blast.
Bilal and Baig were present in the court, however, Jundal could not be produced before the court, Misar said.
Meanwhile, the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate A D Savant in Nashik today extended Jundal`s judicial custody till October 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video