Nation celebrates Milad-un-Nabi
New Delhi: Milad-un-Nabi, the birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammad, is being celebrated across the country on Friday with religious fervour and traditional gaiety.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi have greeted the nation on the occasion.
In his message, Mukherjee said the Prophet`s message of brotherhood, compassion, tolerance and service to humanity, guide and inspire the people to live a righteous and productive life.
The Vice President said that the Holy Prophet showed us the righteous path of compassion, tolerance, peaceful coexistence and universal brotherhood.
"May His eternal message continue to guide us in building a peaceful and harmonious society," he added.
Dr Singh in his message recalled the timeless and eternal teachings of the Prophet, which speak of brotherhood, tolerance and compassion among fellow human beings.
Sonia Gandhi said, the Prophet had a deep love for the entire humanity and we should pledge to preserve his ideals for a better tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users