Nation celebrates Milad-un-Nabi
New Delhi: Milad-un-Nabi, the birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammad, is being celebrated across the country on Friday with religious fervour and traditional gaiety.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi have greeted the nation on the occasion.
In his message, Mukherjee said the Prophet`s message of brotherhood, compassion, tolerance and service to humanity, guide and inspire the people to live a righteous and productive life.
The Vice President said that the Holy Prophet showed us the righteous path of compassion, tolerance, peaceful coexistence and universal brotherhood.
"May His eternal message continue to guide us in building a peaceful and harmonious society," he added.
Dr Singh in his message recalled the timeless and eternal teachings of the Prophet, which speak of brotherhood, tolerance and compassion among fellow human beings.
Sonia Gandhi said, the Prophet had a deep love for the entire humanity and we should pledge to preserve his ideals for a better tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- With Isak Swu gone, Naga peace accord won't be easy
- Britain wins Brexit breathing space at gloomy EU summit
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets