Nation faces danger from ideologies, organisations: Sonia Gandhi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In an apparent attack on the main Opposition, the Bhartiya Janata Party, Congress president Sonia Gandhi said on Thursday that there was danger from some ideologies, organisations and people who wanted to divide the nation.
The UPA chairperson maintained that the Congress party had always given top priority to national unity and that in times like this when attempts were being made to divide people, it was important to remember Indira Gandhi`s courage and sentiments.
"There is always a danger from some ideologies, organisations and people who want to divide us. We need to remember Indira Gandhi`s courage and her sentiments so that we can fight that fear with conviction," Sonia said.
The Congress president was speaking at the Indira Gandhi National Integration Award function in the national capital today, where Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was also present along with her.
The PM also said that that attempts were being made in some parts of the country to divide the society on basis of religion, caste and communities.
"There is a need to follow the path shown by Indira Gandhi as never before," the PM said.
The award was given to noted agriculture scientist M S Swaminathan at the function.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur