Nation pays tribute to Mahatama Gandhi
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday led the nation in paying homage to Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on his 63rd death anniversary.
President, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj paid floral tributes at Gandhi`s memorial in
Defence Minister AK Antony, former deputy prime minister LK Advani, Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, chiefs of three services, central ministers, leaders of various political parties and people from different walks of life also paid tribute to the apostle of peace at his memorial.
A multi-faith prayer service was also organised with religious leaders of Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Bahai, Christianity, Jainism, Jewish, Parsi and Sikhism participating
in the programme.
Devotional songs were also sung.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'