Nation remembers 26/11 victims; PC asks Pak to act
Mumbai: Home Minister P Chidambaram on Friday
said Pakistan has not fulfilled its promise to bring the
masterminds of Mumbai terror attacks to justice and hoped it
will realise its responsibility as a nation and take action
"In Pakistan, we have a neighbour who has not
fulfilled its promise to bring 26/11 masterminds to justice.
We have learnt a lesson that while we will always trust our
neighbour, we must always be on guard," Chidambaram said on
the sidelines of a function here.
"I sincerely hope that on the second anniversary of
this horrific tragedy, Pakistan will realise its
responsibility as a nation, as a government and fulfil its
promises to bring to justice those who perpetrated the
attacks," he said.
Recalling the unfulfilled assurances given by
Islamabad, he said it had promised to bring to justice the
masterminds, the controllers and the handlers of the terror
strike by arresting all the seven persons whose names were
handed over by India to it.
The Home Minister said Pakistan was yet to provide
voice samples of the persons who had been named as
perpetrators of the carnage.
"On a day like this while we honour those who laid
down their lives, while we renew to our people our pledge that
we will do everything in our power to secure this country and
secure the people, it is my duty to caution the people that we
have a neighbour who has not yet fulfilled the promises made
to us," he said.
The Home Minister also said that there is a need to
pay attention to proper training, weapons and housing needs of
"We must pay attention to police forces or else we
won`t have an efficient police. There are over three lakh
vacancies in police constabulary in India. We must pay
attention to proper shoes, uniform, training, weapons, pay and
housing needs of police force," Chidambaram said.
Lauding slain Police Inspector Tukaram Ombale, who
caught the lone surviving terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab,
Chidambaram, said, "If Kasab hadn`t been caught alive, there
would be no conclusive link to Pakistan in 26/11 attacks."
Chidambaram was speaking after handing over the CNG
filling station dealership to the family of Ombale in suburban
Chidambaram said India wanted to live in peace and harmony
and had no ambition other than that.
"India has no ambitions except to live in peace and
harmony. India wishes well for all its neighbours. India wants
all her neighbours to grow at the same rate at which India
grows. India wishes prosperity to all people of south Asia,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read