Nation remembers Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed on 34th death anniv
New Delhi: The nation Friday remembered former
President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed on his 34th death anniversary.
Wreaths on behalf of President Pratibha Patil and Vice
President Hamid Ansari were placed at the `mazar` of the late
leader, Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Memorial Committee officials
On behalf of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Minister of
State in the PMO V Narayanasamy paid floral tribute and
presented a velvet chadar at the `mazar`.
Floral tributes were paid on behalf of UPA Chairperson
Sonia Gandhi and Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi at
the `mazar`, located behind Jama Masjid in Parliament Street
here, the memorial committee officials said.
Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner Zulfiqar Gardezy,
former Bihar Minister S Nabi, former parliamentarian Wasim
Ahmed, president of all India religious leaders association
Moulana Peer Syed Shabbir Naqshbandi, Justice Badar Durrez
Ahmed, Dr Parvez Ahmed and other family members also paid
floral tributes to the former president.
A prayer meeting was also organized at his `mazar` by the
Memorial Committee where people from all sections of the
society paid rich tributes to the late leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming