Nation remembers Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed on 34th death anniv
New Delhi: The nation Friday remembered former
President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed on his 34th death anniversary.
Wreaths on behalf of President Pratibha Patil and Vice
President Hamid Ansari were placed at the `mazar` of the late
leader, Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Memorial Committee officials
On behalf of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Minister of
State in the PMO V Narayanasamy paid floral tribute and
presented a velvet chadar at the `mazar`.
Floral tributes were paid on behalf of UPA Chairperson
Sonia Gandhi and Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi at
the `mazar`, located behind Jama Masjid in Parliament Street
here, the memorial committee officials said.
Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner Zulfiqar Gardezy,
former Bihar Minister S Nabi, former parliamentarian Wasim
Ahmed, president of all India religious leaders association
Moulana Peer Syed Shabbir Naqshbandi, Justice Badar Durrez
Ahmed, Dr Parvez Ahmed and other family members also paid
floral tributes to the former president.
A prayer meeting was also organized at his `mazar` by the
Memorial Committee where people from all sections of the
society paid rich tributes to the late leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Brexit: This is what India Inc has to say
- When Arvind Kejriwal was mocked for seeking Brexit-style referendum on Delhi statehood
- US reiterates support for India's NSG bid
- PM Narendra Modi meets Belarus, Tajikistan leaders in Tashkent
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!