Nation votes for Team Anna joining politics on Zee News poll
Zee News emerged as a leading barometer of the Nation’s sentiment on Team Anna and its possible stratagem for future course.
An SMS cum Online opinion poll of the Zee News channel drew an overwhelming response on the question: “Should Team Anna contest elections?”
The poll which started at 2 pm on 2nd August (Thursday), within just 3 hours attracted opinion of more than 90000 viewers.
Over 90% people across India were in favour of Team Anna providing the country with a political alternative. Delhi, which has been a hub of the Lokpal campaign, led the pack with 97% people casting a vote in the positive. Punjab was second with 96% vote. Gujarat, Himachal, Karnataka, Haryana and Mumbai were all tied at 95%.
Hindi heartland was not far behind with Bihar polling 95% and 94% voices in Uttar Pradesh favouring Anna and team joining politics.
The outcome of the poll was acknowledged by Arvind Kejriwal, who has been fasting for the last 9 days at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi. Citing Zee News poll, Kejriwal said he was willing to bow in front of public sentiment and would be open to considering joining the electoral process in days to come.
Kejriwal also announced that he would end the fast on August 03 at 5 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre