Nation votes for Team Anna joining politics on Zee News poll
Zee News emerged as a leading barometer of the Nation’s sentiment on Team Anna and its possible stratagem for future course.
An SMS cum Online opinion poll of the Zee News channel drew an overwhelming response on the question: “Should Team Anna contest elections?”
The poll which started at 2 pm on 2nd August (Thursday), within just 3 hours attracted opinion of more than 90000 viewers.
Over 90% people across India were in favour of Team Anna providing the country with a political alternative. Delhi, which has been a hub of the Lokpal campaign, led the pack with 97% people casting a vote in the positive. Punjab was second with 96% vote. Gujarat, Himachal, Karnataka, Haryana and Mumbai were all tied at 95%.
Hindi heartland was not far behind with Bihar polling 95% and 94% voices in Uttar Pradesh favouring Anna and team joining politics.
The outcome of the poll was acknowledged by Arvind Kejriwal, who has been fasting for the last 9 days at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi. Citing Zee News poll, Kejriwal said he was willing to bow in front of public sentiment and would be open to considering joining the electoral process in days to come.
Kejriwal also announced that he would end the fast on August 03 at 5 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon