National Seed Commission would be constituted: Paroda
Hisar: National Seed Commission would be constituted by the Central Government on the pattern of National Commission on Farmers to ensure adequate supply of quality seeds to the farmers, R S Paroda said.
He said that the report submitted by the committee
constituted under the chairmanship of the Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda and comprises the Chief Ministers of
Punjab, Bihar and West Bengal, has already been approved by
the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Paroda was speaking at Block Level Kissan Seminar
organised at Haryana Agricultural University here, according
to an official release.
He said that the State Government had taken up good
initiative by constituting Farmers` Commission to strengthen
the economic condition of the farmers in the State.
"Economic condition of farmers in Punjab and Haryana
is not so strong, despite being leading states in agriculture.
The Commission would get first hand information about the
problems faced by the farmers in agriculture, horticulture and
animal husbandry and submit its report to the State Government
so that a policy decision could be taken to improve the
economic condition of the farmers in the State," he further
Paroda said that a lot remains to be done to make farmers
"A lot of progress had also been made in linking lab with
land and now farmers would have to be linked with market. Ten
committees comprising of specialists have been constituted by
the farmers` commission to give suggestions on problems of
each sector of agriculture," he said.
It was the first block level seminar organised by the
farmers` commission. Such seminars would soon be organised
at other blocks also, he added.
About 100 progressive farmers from the various villages
of Hisar division participated in the seminar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read