‘National Threat Intelligence Centre proposed’
New Delhi: In the backdrop of rising cyber crime, Home Minister P Chidambaram disclosed Monday that the government proposed to create a national structure for cyber security and establish a National Threat Intelligence Centre.
"No one is immune to cyber crime and attacks," he said, recalling that there had been cyber attacks on the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO), CBI and other government infrastructure.
"Discussions have been held and we are at an advanced stage of creating a national structure for cyber security. We are also thinking of setting up a National Threat Intelligence Centre," Chidambaram said.
Launching a report on cyber security prepared by software industry body Nasscom, he said there was a need to build capacity in various law enforcement agencies in cyber crime investigations and cyber forensics.
Chidambaram said dimensions of security problem increased manifold in the online space and "we have to build lawful interception capabilities".
The report, `Securing Our Cyber Frontiers`, by Nasscom and Data Security Council of India (DSCI) presented to Chidambaram by outgoing Nasscom Chairman Rajendra Pawar, has suggested setting up a national structure for cyber security, which would clearly define the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders.
It has also recommended establishing a National Threat Intelligence Centre, which would integrate all existing information sources.
"We have taken numerous steps to protect the physical infrastructure...I think all that we have done to protect the infrastructure in the physical space seems to be a lighter task than when we face threats that have been outlined in the cyber space," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof