‘National Wakf board to be part of restructured NMDFC’
New Delhi: The government on Thursday said that it has approved restructuring of National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC) "in principal" and setting up of a National Wakf Board will be a part of it.
Union Minister for Minority Affairs Salman Khurshid
said this in the Lok Sabha while replying to a question if the
government proposes to set up National Wakf Development Agency
in the country.
Khurshid, however, said that details of the proposal
are yet to be finalised.
To another question whether government has received
proposals under Multi Sectoral Development Plan (MSDM) for the
welfare of minorities in the country, Khurshid replied in the
He informed the House that proposals have been
received from 73 minority concentration districts under the
"Plans of 59 districts have been approved and Rs
388.66 crore have been released for 44 districts to the states
and Union Territories concerned for implementation of various
proposals approved for these districts," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neeraj Chopra sets new U20 Javelin WORLD RECORD in Poland – WATCH VIDEO
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli