Nationwide manhunt for journalist friend of `Pepsi Bomber`
New Delhi: A nationwide manhunt has been
launched to nab a Kashmiri journalist who is alleged to be an
accomplice of Hizbul Mujahideen militant Bashir Ahmed Baba
alias "Pepsi bomber", arrested by Gujarat police recently.
Teams of central security agencies have been sent to help
police nab the journalist who is alleged to have provided
support to Baba several times, official sources said today.
The scribe used his contacts and allegedly helped Baba to
work in the guise of an NGO worker and set up base in Gujarat,
The journalist is said to have played a crucial role in
helping Baba in sending youths to Pakistan for terror training
besides helping the Hizbul militant to conduct recce of key
sites including the ISRO facility in Gujarat.
Central security agencies have learnt the journalist used
his links to help Baba identify youths in Gujarat who were
sympathetic to jihad and were willing to get training to carry
out espionage operations for Pakistan-based terror groups, the
The role of the journalist surfaced when Baba was being
monitoring and after a reference to his name was made.
Following Baba`s arrest by Gujarat ATS, the agencies have
now shifted attention on to journalist, who has gone
underground, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city