Nationwide manhunt for journalist friend of `Pepsi Bomber`
New Delhi: A nationwide manhunt has been
launched to nab a Kashmiri journalist who is alleged to be an
accomplice of Hizbul Mujahideen militant Bashir Ahmed Baba
alias "Pepsi bomber", arrested by Gujarat police recently.
Teams of central security agencies have been sent to help
police nab the journalist who is alleged to have provided
support to Baba several times, official sources said today.
The scribe used his contacts and allegedly helped Baba to
work in the guise of an NGO worker and set up base in Gujarat,
The journalist is said to have played a crucial role in
helping Baba in sending youths to Pakistan for terror training
besides helping the Hizbul militant to conduct recce of key
sites including the ISRO facility in Gujarat.
Central security agencies have learnt the journalist used
his links to help Baba identify youths in Gujarat who were
sympathetic to jihad and were willing to get training to carry
out espionage operations for Pakistan-based terror groups, the
The role of the journalist surfaced when Baba was being
monitoring and after a reference to his name was made.
Following Baba`s arrest by Gujarat ATS, the agencies have
now shifted attention on to journalist, who has gone
underground, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?