Natrajan among 15 AICC secretaries dropped in latest reshuffle
New Delhi: MP Meenakshi Natrajan, who was considered close to Rahul Gandhi, is among the 15-odd AICC secretaries, which included veterans like Major Ved Prakash, dropped in the latest reshuffle.
Natrajan has been a part of the Rahul team for long and had created a flutter in the last Lok Sabha polls by defeating BJP stalwart Laxmi Narayan Pandey in Mandsaur constituency of Madhya Pradesh. Pandey had been winning elections from there since 1971.
After yesterday`s reshuffle of the AICC secretariat, the talk was that Natrajan could be accommodated in the Union Council of Ministers but that did not materialise.
A quick look at the list of the outgoing AICC secretaries showed that those who failed to find a place, included Abdul Mannan Ansari and Vivek Bansal from Uttar Pradesh, former Maharashtra minister Anees Ahmed; K B Krishnamurthy and P Sudhakar Reddy from Andhra Pradesh; Rajya Sabha MP Pankaj Sharma; Parvez Hashmi, Praveen Rashtrapal, Sagar Rayka, Sanjay Bapna, Sanjay Bhoi and Vijay Kumar Sorake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?