Natrajan among 15 AICC secretaries dropped in latest reshuffle
New Delhi: MP Meenakshi Natrajan, who was considered close to Rahul Gandhi, is among the 15-odd AICC secretaries, which included veterans like Major Ved Prakash, dropped in the latest reshuffle.
Natrajan has been a part of the Rahul team for long and had created a flutter in the last Lok Sabha polls by defeating BJP stalwart Laxmi Narayan Pandey in Mandsaur constituency of Madhya Pradesh. Pandey had been winning elections from there since 1971.
After yesterday`s reshuffle of the AICC secretariat, the talk was that Natrajan could be accommodated in the Union Council of Ministers but that did not materialise.
A quick look at the list of the outgoing AICC secretaries showed that those who failed to find a place, included Abdul Mannan Ansari and Vivek Bansal from Uttar Pradesh, former Maharashtra minister Anees Ahmed; K B Krishnamurthy and P Sudhakar Reddy from Andhra Pradesh; Rajya Sabha MP Pankaj Sharma; Parvez Hashmi, Praveen Rashtrapal, Sagar Rayka, Sanjay Bapna, Sanjay Bhoi and Vijay Kumar Sorake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Gionee to set up manufacturing unit, invest Rs 500 crore
- 26/11 Mumbai attack case: Pak court sends terror financier to judicial custody, snubs investigators
- It's OUT! Love happens at fourth sight, not first
- China warns India over deployment of BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees