Natrajan among 15 AICC secretaries dropped in latest reshuffle
New Delhi: MP Meenakshi Natrajan, who was considered close to Rahul Gandhi, is among the 15-odd AICC secretaries, which included veterans like Major Ved Prakash, dropped in the latest reshuffle.
Natrajan has been a part of the Rahul team for long and had created a flutter in the last Lok Sabha polls by defeating BJP stalwart Laxmi Narayan Pandey in Mandsaur constituency of Madhya Pradesh. Pandey had been winning elections from there since 1971.
After yesterday`s reshuffle of the AICC secretariat, the talk was that Natrajan could be accommodated in the Union Council of Ministers but that did not materialise.
A quick look at the list of the outgoing AICC secretaries showed that those who failed to find a place, included Abdul Mannan Ansari and Vivek Bansal from Uttar Pradesh, former Maharashtra minister Anees Ahmed; K B Krishnamurthy and P Sudhakar Reddy from Andhra Pradesh; Rajya Sabha MP Pankaj Sharma; Parvez Hashmi, Praveen Rashtrapal, Sagar Rayka, Sanjay Bapna, Sanjay Bhoi and Vijay Kumar Sorake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!