Naval chopper makes an emergency landing near Visakhapatnam
Hyderabad: A helicopter of the Indian Navy made an emergency landing on the fields of Kotapadu Mandal village of Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
The pilots landed the helicopter on Monday, as the machine was experiencing some technical problems.
“If it had landed on the nearby paddy fields it would have gone down as it is sticky there, but due to the sharpness of the pilot, it escaped great danger,” said N Venkat Rao, Circle Inspector, Kotapadu Mandal village police station.
People of the area were worried that it would be a major accident.
“Both the pilots jumped from the helicopter by shouting that it might blast as oil was leaking from the helicopter. After that, so many people gathered at the site to help them, thinking that they are in danger, but every thing is fine. They informed the Navy about this over phone,” said Appalanaidu, a local.
People were scared, as a similar incident took place in June, in which a villager died. However, officials are claiming that this incident has not caused any injuries. (ANI)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive