Naval chopper makes an emergency landing near Visakhapatnam
Hyderabad: A helicopter of the Indian Navy made an emergency landing on the fields of Kotapadu Mandal village of Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
The pilots landed the helicopter on Monday, as the machine was experiencing some technical problems.
“If it had landed on the nearby paddy fields it would have gone down as it is sticky there, but due to the sharpness of the pilot, it escaped great danger,” said N Venkat Rao, Circle Inspector, Kotapadu Mandal village police station.
People of the area were worried that it would be a major accident.
“Both the pilots jumped from the helicopter by shouting that it might blast as oil was leaking from the helicopter. After that, so many people gathered at the site to help them, thinking that they are in danger, but every thing is fine. They informed the Navy about this over phone,” said Appalanaidu, a local.
People were scared, as a similar incident took place in June, in which a villager died. However, officials are claiming that this incident has not caused any injuries. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love