Naval officer`s wife`s charge: Internal probe begins
Kochi: Authorities have begun an internal probe on the complaint of a naval officer`s wife, alleging harassment by her husband, his family members and some officers of the Southern Naval Command here.
The probe was based on the complaint she submitted to the Navy Chief recently, official sources said, adding it started a few days ago.
The matter came to light yesterday after she filed a complaint with local Harbour Police, which registered a case against 10 people, including her husband, under Section 498 of the IPC based on the complaint filed by the woman on April 4.
The Kerala High Court had also sought a statement of the facts of the case on a bail application filed by the accused.
The Navy had denied her charge and said the complaint was the result of "a marital discord" and the allegations raised by the woman against "superior officers" were "unfair."
It said the officers, accompanied by their respective spouses, had only tried to unsuccessfully resolve the issues of the couple`s personal life, it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta