Naval officer`s wife`s charge: Internal probe begins
Kochi: Authorities have begun an internal probe on the complaint of a naval officer`s wife, alleging harassment by her husband, his family members and some officers of the Southern Naval Command here.
The probe was based on the complaint she submitted to the Navy Chief recently, official sources said, adding it started a few days ago.
The matter came to light yesterday after she filed a complaint with local Harbour Police, which registered a case against 10 people, including her husband, under Section 498 of the IPC based on the complaint filed by the woman on April 4.
The Kerala High Court had also sought a statement of the facts of the case on a bail application filed by the accused.
The Navy had denied her charge and said the complaint was the result of "a marital discord" and the allegations raised by the woman against "superior officers" were "unfair."
It said the officers, accompanied by their respective spouses, had only tried to unsuccessfully resolve the issues of the couple`s personal life, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf