Naval officer`s wife`s charge: Internal probe begins
Kochi: Authorities have begun an internal probe on the complaint of a naval officer`s wife, alleging harassment by her husband, his family members and some officers of the Southern Naval Command here.
The probe was based on the complaint she submitted to the Navy Chief recently, official sources said, adding it started a few days ago.
The matter came to light yesterday after she filed a complaint with local Harbour Police, which registered a case against 10 people, including her husband, under Section 498 of the IPC based on the complaint filed by the woman on April 4.
The Kerala High Court had also sought a statement of the facts of the case on a bail application filed by the accused.
The Navy had denied her charge and said the complaint was the result of "a marital discord" and the allegations raised by the woman against "superior officers" were "unfair."
It said the officers, accompanied by their respective spouses, had only tried to unsuccessfully resolve the issues of the couple`s personal life, it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video