Naval War Room case: Court accepts accused`s complaint
New Delhi: A Delhi court Monday accepted a complaint by Abhishek Verma, a businessman who is an accused in the 2006 Naval War Room leak case, against his former US-based partner and a former Indian partner for alleged cheating and defamation.
Verma faces charges of leaking classified documents from the Directorate of Naval Operations. The case is being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
Metropolitan Magistrate Surya Malik Grover took cognizance of Verma`s private complaint in the case and listed the matter for recording of evidence July 21.
"Put up the matter for pre-summoning of evidence July 21," said Judge Grover.
Verma alleged that his former partner and US-based lawyer C. Edmonds Allen and former Indian partner Arjun Arora cheated him of nearly Rs.55 crore (over $9 million) around 2008.
The complainant claimed that he offered consultancy to the accused but they cheated him.
"The accused having malafide intention refused to make the said payment despite the fact that I was diligently providing consultancy services to them," said Verma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly