Naval warships on public display
Paradip: To make people aware of the its preparedness to safeguard the country`s security and sovereignty, the Navy displayed frontline warships and showcased its prowess here.
"The Eastern Fleet yesterday undertook various activities for making people aware of its prowess at Paradip port," a Navy spokesman said here today.
Naval warships were displayed for public viewing and the Navy demonstrated its dare devilry, including gun firings and search and rescue operations, at the sea.
The fleet of warships displayed included multi-purpose stealth frigate INS Shivalik, guided missile destroyers `INS Ranvir` and `Ranjit`, guided missile corvettes `INS Karmuk` and `Kuthar` and landing ship tank `INS Airavat`.
Over 10,000 visitors thronged the ships anchored near the berths here, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS