Naveen backs Ramdev`s movement against corruption
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday backed yoga guru Ramdev`s anti-corruption stir, saying he supports any movement against corruption and black money.
"We support all anti-corruption movements. And our government have been working hard to stamp out the vice," Patnaik told reporters to a question on whether he supports Ramdev`s movement against black money.
The ruling BJD today sent a Rajya Sabha MP to share dais with Ramdev at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi as a mark of the party`s support to his movement against black money, party sources said here.
Before launching his movement, the Yoga Guru had visited the city in June and sought Patnaik`s support for his agitation.
The Chief Minister had then assured Ramdev that the ruling BJD would support the agitation if it is conducted in `Gandhian style.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday