Naveen backs Ramdev`s movement against corruption
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday backed yoga guru Ramdev`s anti-corruption stir, saying he supports any movement against corruption and black money.
"We support all anti-corruption movements. And our government have been working hard to stamp out the vice," Patnaik told reporters to a question on whether he supports Ramdev`s movement against black money.
The ruling BJD today sent a Rajya Sabha MP to share dais with Ramdev at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi as a mark of the party`s support to his movement against black money, party sources said here.
Before launching his movement, the Yoga Guru had visited the city in June and sought Patnaik`s support for his agitation.
The Chief Minister had then assured Ramdev that the ruling BJD would support the agitation if it is conducted in `Gandhian style.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video