Naveen backs Ramdev`s movement against corruption
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday backed yoga guru Ramdev`s anti-corruption stir, saying he supports any movement against corruption and black money.
"We support all anti-corruption movements. And our government have been working hard to stamp out the vice," Patnaik told reporters to a question on whether he supports Ramdev`s movement against black money.
The ruling BJD today sent a Rajya Sabha MP to share dais with Ramdev at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi as a mark of the party`s support to his movement against black money, party sources said here.
Before launching his movement, the Yoga Guru had visited the city in June and sought Patnaik`s support for his agitation.
The Chief Minister had then assured Ramdev that the ruling BJD would support the agitation if it is conducted in `Gandhian style.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS