Naveen backs Ramdev`s movement against corruption
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday backed yoga guru Ramdev`s anti-corruption stir, saying he supports any movement against corruption and black money.
"We support all anti-corruption movements. And our government have been working hard to stamp out the vice," Patnaik told reporters to a question on whether he supports Ramdev`s movement against black money.
The ruling BJD today sent a Rajya Sabha MP to share dais with Ramdev at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi as a mark of the party`s support to his movement against black money, party sources said here.
Before launching his movement, the Yoga Guru had visited the city in June and sought Patnaik`s support for his agitation.
The Chief Minister had then assured Ramdev that the ruling BJD would support the agitation if it is conducted in `Gandhian style.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!