Naveen Jindal donates 5 yrs salary for education
Kurukshetra: Congress MP Naveen Jindal has dedicated his monthly salary accumulated for the past five years to the educational upliftment of students of primary government schools in Kurukshetra.
The consolidated salary of the industrialist-cum-MP from year 2004 to 2009 amounts to nearly Rs 40 lakh.
A further amount of nearly Rs 10 lakh from his personal income has been added to the salary for the development of students of primary schools.
"This is just a small step towards realising Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s dream of imparting education to all children of Haryana in order to enable the state achieve number one status in terms of education in the country," Jindal, who is an MP from Kurukshetra, told reporters here.
"It is my wish that proper education is imparted to children right from childhood so that they can make a mark for themselves when they grow up," he said.
The combined total of nearly Rs 50 lakh will be used for buying around 5 lakh notebooks for children studying in 1.4 lakh primary schools (from Classes 1-5) in nine assembly segments of Kurukshetra.
Jindal also said efforts are being made to include some private schools located in rural areas in this scheme as well and their identification process was already going on in full swing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal