Naveen Jindal donates 5 yrs salary for education
Kurukshetra: Congress MP Naveen Jindal has dedicated his monthly salary accumulated for the past five years to the educational upliftment of students of primary government schools in Kurukshetra.
The consolidated salary of the industrialist-cum-MP from year 2004 to 2009 amounts to nearly Rs 40 lakh.
A further amount of nearly Rs 10 lakh from his personal income has been added to the salary for the development of students of primary schools.
"This is just a small step towards realising Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s dream of imparting education to all children of Haryana in order to enable the state achieve number one status in terms of education in the country," Jindal, who is an MP from Kurukshetra, told reporters here.
"It is my wish that proper education is imparted to children right from childhood so that they can make a mark for themselves when they grow up," he said.
The combined total of nearly Rs 50 lakh will be used for buying around 5 lakh notebooks for children studying in 1.4 lakh primary schools (from Classes 1-5) in nine assembly segments of Kurukshetra.
Jindal also said efforts are being made to include some private schools located in rural areas in this scheme as well and their identification process was already going on in full swing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG
- Clinton tops 50% support from US voters in latest poll
- Bihar floods kill eight more; water recedes in UP but still in red
- Tired of frequent dandruff problem? Try these home remedies!
- Pakistan to host West Indies for pink ball Test in UAE