Naveen to attend the Chief Ministers conference on
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday said he would attend the meeting of chief ministers on April 15 at New Delhi.
"I should be attending the meeting of chief ministers in Delhi on Monday," Patnaik told reporters before leaving on a four-day visit to the national capital.
Patnaik, however, avoided a question on a possible discussion on the contentious NCTC issue.
He said the meeting would take up issues relating to the home department.
"Let us see what matter comes up in the meeting on Monday," Patnaik said replying to a question.
The Centre has already informed the state governments that NCTC would be out of the ambit of the Intelligence Bureau and it would conduct searches or make arrests only after informing the state police chief.
Besides Patnaik, the issue of setting up the National Counter Terrorism Centre is being opposed by chief ministers Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal), Narendra Modi (Gujarat) and J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead