Naveen to attend the Chief Ministers conference on
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday said he would attend the meeting of chief ministers on April 15 at New Delhi.
"I should be attending the meeting of chief ministers in Delhi on Monday," Patnaik told reporters before leaving on a four-day visit to the national capital.
Patnaik, however, avoided a question on a possible discussion on the contentious NCTC issue.
He said the meeting would take up issues relating to the home department.
"Let us see what matter comes up in the meeting on Monday," Patnaik said replying to a question.
The Centre has already informed the state governments that NCTC would be out of the ambit of the Intelligence Bureau and it would conduct searches or make arrests only after informing the state police chief.
Besides Patnaik, the issue of setting up the National Counter Terrorism Centre is being opposed by chief ministers Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal), Narendra Modi (Gujarat) and J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him