Naveen to attend the Chief Ministers conference on
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday said he would attend the meeting of chief ministers on April 15 at New Delhi.
"I should be attending the meeting of chief ministers in Delhi on Monday," Patnaik told reporters before leaving on a four-day visit to the national capital.
Patnaik, however, avoided a question on a possible discussion on the contentious NCTC issue.
He said the meeting would take up issues relating to the home department.
"Let us see what matter comes up in the meeting on Monday," Patnaik said replying to a question.
The Centre has already informed the state governments that NCTC would be out of the ambit of the Intelligence Bureau and it would conduct searches or make arrests only after informing the state police chief.
Besides Patnaik, the issue of setting up the National Counter Terrorism Centre is being opposed by chief ministers Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal), Narendra Modi (Gujarat) and J Jayalalitha (Tamil Nadu).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!