Naveen`s comment on Modi because of alleged deal with Congress
Bhubaneswar: BJP on Tuesday alleged that BJD`s remarks against Narendra Modi was allegedly because of a deal with Congress to escape possible CBI action in the state in the coal scam.
"Naveen Patnaik is reported to have stated that Modi is not acceptable at the national level...His statement is obviously because of a deal between BJD and Congress," BJP Odisha unit general secretary and spokesman Suresh Pujary alleged at a press conference here.
Claiming that the BJD chief was apprehensive about CBI including Odisha in its probe into coal scam, Pujary said, "Patnaik`s remark about Modi is apparently aimed at keeping Congress in good humour."
In the Rs 1.86 lakh crore coal scam, corruption involving about Rs 88,000 crore had taken place in Odisha, Pujary alleged and claimed that Patnaik had a secret deal with Congress to keep CBI away in the coal scam.
Stating that BJP did not need a certificate from Patnaik on Modi`s elevation as poll campaign committee chief, Pujary claimed that Patnaik must be worried about CBI which raided 15 places in the state in the coal scam.
On the chitfund scam, the BJD leader claimed that the much trumpeted `Swabhiman` rally being held in Delhi to press for special category status for Odisha was aimed at diverting people`s attention from the chit fund scandal.
"We wonder whose swabhiman the rally seeks to project after Naveen Patnaik failed to learn Odia during the last 13 years," he said.
Accusing the chief minister of not being sincere about special category state status, he said had Patnaik been sincere about the demand, his party would have involved all others and made the demand from a larger platform.
Pujary said, "All the 4.2 crore people of Odisha and not just BJD want special category status."
Slamming the BJD government for not including names of ministers, officials and leaders allegedly involved in the chitfund scam, he said the irregularities must be probed by a special investigation team under supervision of the Supreme Court as corruption took place in many states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal