Naveen`s comment on Modi because of alleged deal with Congress
Bhubaneswar: BJP on Tuesday alleged that BJD`s remarks against Narendra Modi was allegedly because of a deal with Congress to escape possible CBI action in the state in the coal scam.
"Naveen Patnaik is reported to have stated that Modi is not acceptable at the national level...His statement is obviously because of a deal between BJD and Congress," BJP Odisha unit general secretary and spokesman Suresh Pujary alleged at a press conference here.
Claiming that the BJD chief was apprehensive about CBI including Odisha in its probe into coal scam, Pujary said, "Patnaik`s remark about Modi is apparently aimed at keeping Congress in good humour."
In the Rs 1.86 lakh crore coal scam, corruption involving about Rs 88,000 crore had taken place in Odisha, Pujary alleged and claimed that Patnaik had a secret deal with Congress to keep CBI away in the coal scam.
Stating that BJP did not need a certificate from Patnaik on Modi`s elevation as poll campaign committee chief, Pujary claimed that Patnaik must be worried about CBI which raided 15 places in the state in the coal scam.
On the chitfund scam, the BJD leader claimed that the much trumpeted `Swabhiman` rally being held in Delhi to press for special category status for Odisha was aimed at diverting people`s attention from the chit fund scandal.
"We wonder whose swabhiman the rally seeks to project after Naveen Patnaik failed to learn Odia during the last 13 years," he said.
Accusing the chief minister of not being sincere about special category state status, he said had Patnaik been sincere about the demand, his party would have involved all others and made the demand from a larger platform.
Pujary said, "All the 4.2 crore people of Odisha and not just BJD want special category status."
Slamming the BJD government for not including names of ministers, officials and leaders allegedly involved in the chitfund scam, he said the irregularities must be probed by a special investigation team under supervision of the Supreme Court as corruption took place in many states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says