Navjot Singh Sidhu feeling "suffocated", may quit politics: Wife
New Delhi: Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu`s wife Navjot Kaur has dropped a bombshell. As per media reports, Kaur has indicated in a post on her Facebook account that Sidhu is "feeling suffocated" in the Bharatiya Janata Party and may quit politics.
She later told reporters, "Since the past six months, I`ve been listening that my husband Sidhu is keeping away from the system, he`s not working for the system. Being in the system, one must have the liberty to choose your people and if you can`t do so, the system suffocates you."
Sidhu`s wife, however, added that she wasn`t commenting "on any political party".
According to sources, Sidhu, an MP from Amritsar, is unhappy at being sidelined in the party. The BJP recently reshuffled its parliamentary board ahead of the General Elections in 2014.
Kaur hinted that the former cricketer was also being forced to support corruption.
"How can you let an honest leader survive? One who does not believe in corruption, does not support criminals, does not become party to commission system, what good can he do to party? So, finally you pair up to push him aside, make him feel suffocated in the system."
According to sources, many in the BJP believe Sidhu is disconnected from politics and is busy with his other personal commitments, including cricket commentary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'